Astek Services UK is looking for an experienced Embedded Systems Lead Engineer. This is a unique opportunity to work alongside an international advanced mobility team to build a software solution for the global autonomous vehicles (AV) market.
The key responsibilities of this role will be as follows:
- Support actively the solution design & requirements definition for autonomous goods and/or people transportation use cases
- Translate functional & technical requirements into embedded system activities in the roadmap to deliver according to company’s milestones
- Design, implement and deploy the embedded network configuration and security mechanisms
- Design, implement and deploy proper time synchronization strategies
- Design, implement and deploy connectivity capabilities (LTE, 5G, V2X…)
- Support actively the efforts to create a hardware abstraction layer
- Support actively the electro-mechanical and software integration of embedded components
- Identify, compare, shortlist and recommend objectively solutions / suppliers enabling embedded systems capabilities
- Pilot operationally selected partners / suppliers related to embedded systems activities
- Support homologation processes of the AV for at least the UK and KSA market
- Prepare the integration of safety standards into the embedded systems activities
- Organize and manage activities and resources towards for a sustainable company’s growth
- Report proactively to the technical manager and assist efficiently other teams in their activities with a collaborative team mindset, clear communications and commitments
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- PhD or Master’s degree in robotics / computer science or similar
- 5-8 years of experience in robotics / IoT / automotive industry
- Strong experience in:
- designing, configuring and deploying connected embedded systems
- Autonomous driving solutions / technologies
- Partners and suppliers management (from SoW to the delivery)
- project or product management (including resources/budget management)
- Strong knowledge in:
- Network architecture / security / protocols and cybersecurity standards
- Linux / time-critical environments (RTOS) and programming in Bash / C++ environments
- Automotive standards (ISO 26262), safety challenges (SOTIF)
- Good knowledge in electronics would be highly appreciated
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, oral/written communication and team work skills
- Highly motivated by dynamic startups environments and scaling businesses
Type of contract : Permanent contract
Please send you application to [email protected].
The Astek Group
Founded in France in 1988, Astek is a global player in engineering and technology consulting, present on five continents. With its expertise in many industrial and tertiary sectors, it supports its international clients in the intelligent deployment of their products and services, and in the implementation of their digital transformation.
Since its creation, the Group has based its development on a strong culture of entrepreneurship and innovation, and on the support and skills development of its 7200 employees who are committed every day to promoting combination of digital technologies and complex systems engineering.
Join a Group rapidly developing in France and around the world, having reached a turnover of 500 M€ in 2022.
✨ More on the Group on our website https://astekgroup.fr/?lang=en.
Astek has extensive experience in all the major operating areas of the world, with a local presence in Belgium, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mauritius, Morocco, Poland, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States and Vietnam.
Caractéristiques de l'emploi
|Job Industry||Transports Terrestres|
|Lieu||London - United Kingdom|
|Type of contract||Permanent contract|